1916 Medal Presentation Box Features include:
- Design inspired by original medals, and updated to mark the centenary
- Metal-cast medal
- Tricolour ribbon, suitable for wear around the neck
- Attractive presentation box and inlay
- Inlay card with text of Poblacht na h Eireann (The Proclamation of Independence)
- Inlay card with story of the Rising, and story of the Medal
- Framed version also available (see below)
This 1916 souvenir is a fitting commemoration of the events that helped lead to the establishment of an independent Irish Republic. Irish Volunteers, along with the Citizens Army and Cumann na mBan (The Irishwomen’s Council), under the control of leaders including Padraig Pearse and James Connolly, took control of key locations in Dublin.
Following defeat, the leaders were executed by the occupying British, but they had set in motion the events leading to independence. That journey was completed in 1948 as the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) J.A. Costello declared Ireland a republic.